Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We're All in the Mood for a Melody

Rosy: My red guitar.
Red Chair: My red chair. Obvi.

Now, what does one name a piano (though not red, sadly) that one gets in Korea?

Here's the thing.
So, the thing is.

I'm getting a piano. And I can barely contain my excitment. There is a little sadness over the fact that I don't have any of my music from home, as, let's face it, I didn't really expect to be in possession of a piano in Korea. But one has fallen in my lap (not literally, ouch), and by fallen I mean I am buying it for 250 and don't feel bad about it because I make money and more importantly - I'LL HAVE A PIANO.

Having a piano doesn't just mean - "oh, I'll have something to play." No no.

Having a piano means - "Ugh I can't take the stress of teaching today!!!" or "My kids were beautiful, this subway ride is beautiful, life is beautiful!" or maybe even a "It's been raining for ten straight hours" as I've heard it does in June. I always feel like playing the piano when it's raining. Sometimes its "I need to think through this puzzling thought" and I'm sure I'll have several of "what am I going to do with my life after Korea?"

Whatever your name yet shall be: my piano.
Can't wait.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm so excited for you! I know what you mean, that's what a piano is for me and I'd be lost without mine. I have no suggestions for a name but if you are desperate for music you could try www.musicnotes.com It's downloadable sheet music, you have to pay for it but they have a wide selection.