Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Second Childhood... but Different??

So I haven't necessarily gone back to those days of tent-pitching in the backyard, or rollerblading lemonade stands, or even the gymnastics performances in the front yard, but I have discovered a new sort of childhood bliss in having a roommate.

My friend Whit and I have now spent just over a week in our new place and there have been those moments of incredulity at what living with someone does to you. Such joy and joy-ness.

Case One: I came home tonight with the apartment, yet again, rearranged. And love it. Whit's on a week break from work and has proceeded to tinker. She is an excellent tinkering. With Red Chair and William in conversation, guitars facing off across the room, and precariously balanced paintings - consider yourself tinkered Obelisk 1717.

Case Two: Two nights ago we decided to have a slumber party. Isn't that every night, you might ask? Well yes, yes it is. But this was better. For, you see, we stayed up til 3 am watching DQMD (for those of you not down with DQ, your loss - actually, really interested to know your guesses), and slept on her bed of yos (mats that Koreans lay on the floor to sleep on) as she has not yet found a bed. It was reminiscent of Futon Days of Yore (you'll get that Sisters).

Case Three: The morning after. Woke up at 10, of course. Had to. Imagine if you will - Whitney making whole-wheat pancakes in the kitchen, because she makes me eat healthy (and I secretly love it), and me reading aloud from none other than Jane Eyre. Does life get better? Why yes, yes it does. Sarah Jane comes over (or up, depending on how you look at it- she lives on the 14th floor) and we proceed to devour pancakes and sip Tim Hor(not Mor)ton's Coffee - the taste of Canada, listening to Oh Happy Day from Sister Act. What a morning.

I'm sure there will be much more ridiculous awesomeness (because that's what I know you all are describing the aforementioned Cases as) to add to this presentation, but, alas, I have another blog to write about William, and so must leave them for other times.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Lovely. I think it sounds like perfectly awesome fun-ness. Some days the kids and I have days like that. Case 1: All four kiddos in bed with us, jumping on us and having tickle fights then getting up and dancing to Eifle 65, Europop while making pancakes.
Of course my kiddos are going through their first childhood.

Unknown said...

i like you