Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fav Babes

With Spring comes a new set of kiddos, but here's to the Fav Babes

to teach
to laugh with
to tilt my head sideways and wonder what in the world they are saying
to make random allusions to K-pop songs and have class sing-alongs
to say one word in Korean and have them think I'm fluent
to play with their hair when they stand next to my desk
to get giant bear hugs from
to hear their laughter when they call me "mandu teacher"
to make jokes way over their heads and make myself laugh so hard that they start laughing too
to hear "he'p me teacher, he'p me" during Review Tests
to get to know them in all their personalities and challenges
to listen when they want to speak, whether in Korean or English
to have them stick their toes under my bathroom stall and then run away
to challenge their minds with creativity and new words and bigger ideas
to love that I get to love them
to love


No comments: