Saturday, January 10, 2009

Life After College: A Continuing Story

Before the event I felt that graduating would be like walking over a cliff backwards - wow - turns out it is. 

I'm over the edge of the cliff now and repelling myself down the face.... it's nice to know my rope will never break or run out, but there doesn't seem to be a bottom. I don't mean to sound pessimistic - I'm not really. I have every hope that I will eventually get a job, whether that means substitute teaching like I've been planning on, or at the local coffee shop up the street from my house. And patience is at the heart of hope.

Other news: I've purchased a Macbook computer, and it's amazing - fast Internet loading, fast everything, in fact. It's definitely helped with the whole job-searching thing.  
I've painted my toenails pink - a shiny, bright pink. 
My hair is red - or a shade of red which can sometimes be mistaken for light brown, but I refuse to listen to those naysayers who say such things.
I'm reading "Nicholas and Alexandra," a biography on my favorite ruling family.

I have pictures to post from Christmas and New Years - spent with my family who is amazing and I love them and miss them already - but, as I don't have my camera cord with me right now, you will have to wait in suspense for them. My apologies. 

1 comment:

Emily said...

So, how's the job hunt going? I'm praying for you and hope you are doing well. I felt a little lost after Ecola, but God works it out and even though sometimes you feel like you want to see the master plan and have the next five years all figured out, it's best to just take the days as you get them. Love you!