Wednesday, December 24, 2008

All I Want for Christmas...

It's official. I'm a college graduate.
It's also official. I hate being sick.

I graduated from Biola University on December 19th, 2008 with a degree in English/writing, and a minor in Biblical Studies. After 3 1/2 years here I was really excited to finally be done with homework and papers and schedules and classes and everything.... now... well, I still am.

I'll miss walking from class to class, but I won't miss sitting in class. (Of course, there are exceptions, like Jesus' Life and Ministry - I'd sit in that class again)

I'll miss eating around the big round tables in the caf, but I won't miss trying to find a table with the 1,200 new freshman already occupying every breathing space.

I'll miss sitting next to the fountain where the sun always shines brighter reading for class, but I won't miss required reading when I can read for fun.

Part Two:
I hate being sick. I hate feeling like someone is stabbing me in the throat every time I swallow. I hate not being able to eat. Hah! I'm so hungry! 

I started feeling sick Sunday after church, which, all things considering, is a good thing since I wanted my family to go to my church so badly. I think they're going to go to the Christmas Eve service today too - the 12:30 pm service of course, with the free In-N-Out... that's the way my church does it! Haha

I feel really bad that I'm sick because I haven't been able to entertain my family while we've been stuck down here. Our flight to Seattle got cancelled on Monday morning because of the blizzards we've been having up there. So our next chance out is Christmas Day... let's hope the the storms allow for us to come in. We, none of us, have any presents for each other so I guess it all works out. Besides, the only thing I want for Christmas is my health back - that would be awesome.

So they're all leaving to go to the Christmas Eve service and I'm sitting on the couch writing this blog drinking Clove Tea - my sister recommended it. 

That's my life up until now. Graduated. Sick. Everything great and everything bad rolled up into one. Lovely. 

Merry Christmas though!!! Well, almost.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! Merry Christmas and I hope that we'll be able to see you guys sometime!