Monday, January 26, 2009

I Had to Have this Talk with You

I am currently still searching for employment opportunities - that's basically how I spend most of my day, or at least try to. I've applied at quite a variety of jobs: flight attendant, receptionist, substitute teacher, office clerk. If you hear of any openings please let me know!

But, as to more exciting news, Long Beach and I are becoming friends. It was a rocky start but we had a couple DTR's at several local coffee shops and turns out we are going to work through our differences. I mean, we never really had problems, just a lack of knowledge about each other that kept things at a distance, you know? I now have a favorite thing about this place - Viento y Agua. It's a coffee shop about a block and a half down the street from my house and, for just that alone, it's incredible. No, really though, why I really like it is the low-key, laid-back atmosphere - and that every single piece of furniture is different. I still haven't tried the couch and table by the big front window but I've had my eye on it and hopefully next time I'll get the chance. 

Last weekend (not yesterday's weekend but the one before that) I went out to Omaha, Nebraska for my friend Morgan's wedding. It was the most beautiful thing ever. She was the most beautiful ever. I'll admit I fell in love that weekend: with Omaha - well, the Old Market section. If I moved there I would live in that one area and never leave. Except to visit my other love - the Lindstroms. I've never met more generous, kind, and loving people (besides my own parents of course!) I had a blast getting to know them, the area, and just hanging out with fun (new and old) friends. 

Here's a picture of Charissa and I doing what we do best: staying out of trouble... maybe not so true, but at least we are in this picture!
Oh, and you can see my red hair too! I really am enjoying the change. 

2 comments:

Emily said...

Great dress! Anyway...I'm still praying that you find a job, though I don't think I'll hear of any job openings to tell you about. Miss you, e-mail or call sometime when you aren't job-hunting or getting to know Long Beach better. Love Ya!

Unknown said...

ah! i know the job search. i'm doing it right now and it kills me.
anyway. i just read this and wht you wrote about omaha is so sweet! i know... i've always dreamed about living in old market. its my favorite. anyway... thanks so much for your kind words. i cant wait to see you again and hopefully, by that time, we'll both be employed! :)