Sunday, September 14, 2008

I am a Triathlon.

Gas: $8
Sleep Before: 5 hours
Completion Time: 1 hour, 22 minutes
Continental Breakfast: Fo' free
Three Naps: 2 hours, 39 minutes

Finishing my first Triathlon: Priceless.

LTD
Living The Dream.

I won't lie, turning back crossed my mind after swimming 100 yards. Let's just say I'm not a swimmer. I was pleasantly surprised by the biking - I thoroughly enjoyed it, even considering that the bike seat was too high and all up in my business (sorry, if that's too much information). I didn't even fall down once (well, that is if you don't count transitioning between the bike to running, when I tried to do the latter before I was completely off the former). Running, big fan. Especially when Toth - who had already finished, of course - ran with me the last mile and encouraged me to pick up the pace. "Tie an imaginary lasso around that girl up there and draw her in." The last quarter-mile I felt like throwing up and was pretty convinced I never wanted to feel like that ever again. But crossing that finish line - with my heart pounding, my body drenched half in sweat and half in ocean, and the blisters on the insides of my sock-less feet burning - was the most painfully joyous moment I've ever experienced. Now I can't wait for the next one.

I guess, first, I'll learn how to swim. That might help.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Congratulations! I am proud of you for finishing, even though I still think you are somewhat crazy. Maybe in my "younger" days I would have joined you... :P
Love you.