Friday, September 12, 2008

Have You Ever Run One?? No.

Wow, it's like Christmas. Only I've got pain, sore muscles, and exhaustion to look forward to. And I guess on Christmas morn I don't get so extremely nervous that I feel like throwing up. So maybe not so much like Christmas. But the excitement factor is there. Tomorrow I'm running a sprint Triathlon down in Coronado, CA, near San Diego. And no, I've never run one before so, hence, all the emotional turmoil.

First, the race starts with an 800 meter swim out in Glorietta Bay, which, of course, I haven't trained for. I mean, I went to the beach last week - so, check. Next, it moves onto an 11.5 mile bike ride along the Silver Strand. Now my beach cruiser gets me most places and I'm pretty comfortable on it - so good thing I'm riding a complete different bike that I fell off of last night trying to get onto. Finally, the race finishes off with a 3 mile run, and considering I work at a fitness center and get to look at treadmills all day - done-zos. Just kidding, the last part is where I feel comfortable, but who knows after the events preceding this part. Oh, did I fail to mention that the course is not closed to traffic so at the same time I trying to breath and live I have to focus on not getting killed (which to some people may see as the same thing - though it is quite different). Good.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Emily said...

So I still think you're crazy, utterly crazy but I wish you luck and hope you do well...I'll be praying you make it through, alive.
Love you!