Friday, August 5, 2011

"Swallowed Across the Ocean Blue"

Apparently it's "swam all across" but I've never, and will now ever be able to sing it as such.

In related news, Dawn and I went to see Brandi Carlile this last weekend. Best. We determined that she has this theatricality about her that makes listening and watching and singing along with her all the better. I mean, she's great anyways, but then you add the quirky, and highly vocabularized conversational style of her non-singing self, and it's great. So great.
We also conjectured that there really wasn't a bad seat in the house. Considering it wasn't a house at all, we were outside, and we were all stretched out on blankets with varying degrees of picnics - bad seats aren't really an option. Did I mention it was at the zoo?

Oh, and we ate a picnic of zoo food, no not the kind they feed the animals, but the kind that is good and bad for you and you only ever get it when you decide to disregard all costs for that one day and enjoy the sun and the crunchy fries and the elephants 20 feet away.

We settled into our seats, and watched as everyone else and their mom did as well. "Apparentwy, Dawn was pwanning on being so sewious when we wah smilwing" (my attempt at written Pup Voice). And the sun went down, we stopped sweating (man, the coast really gets into your system, until the slightest bit of sunlight and heat throws your body into haywire), and enjoyed the musical sultriness that is the changeful tones of Brandi Carlile.
Say it's over,say I'm dreaming,
Say I'm better than you left me
Say you're sorry, I can take it
Say you'll wait, say you won't
Say you love me, say you don't
I can make my own mistakes

Let it bend before it breaks

No comments: