Sunday, August 7, 2011

On a Sunday Afternoon



This last Sunday, the whole lot of us drove in on the 6 towards Hillsboro to blueberry pick. Can I just say... 4 lbs of blueberries for 5 dollars - best.Probably equivalent to Marilyn's intake.

Pick it.
Put it in the bucket.
Pick it out of the bucket.
Eat it.
Repeat.

Though I'm sure no one appreciated the rather stinky diapers this blueberry-eating frenzy led to, she sure does eat them well... I mean, I had to join in the fun too!



Nems and Erik and the kiddos (excluding Marilyn, of course) all came away with over 4 full buckets of berries.. which may not seem like a lot, but coming from one who picked a full bucket by herself and knows how deep they were... impressive. Actually, I'm pretty sure the chilluns beat me, if it was a race - which everything is with them!


Pretty successful day, I'd say.
And can I just say... I lurve living so close to my sister and her family. Makes my heart happy.



1 comment:

Emily said...

It makes my heart happy too!