Sunday, August 21, 2011

Have You Ever Wandered Lonely Through the Woods


A couple weeks ago Dawn and I went wandering through Astoria amid the sounds of xylophones and trolleys, with sunshine like the coast is apt to get only in August. Can't it be August here forever??
Can I just say, I love where I live. Not specifically... though my house is pretty cool, and the summer has spoiled me for weather... but I love the ocean and river right here, and cool old towns and boardwalks, and possibilities, and dreams of outrageous proportions, and good local coffee. Mmm.

Dawn found her own personal Lord of the Rings scene to step into, while I got lost along the train tracks for a bit. (Have I ever told you how I feel about trains? That's rhetorical. If you knew anything about anything you'd know I absolutely adore them.)


Then we went and had some great biscuits at Bistro. Yum. We gave our waitress flowers along with her tip. Oh, and if my building doesn't work out in town for my hostel, I already have another in mind.
Told you - dreams of outrageous proportions.

PS I want to move to Astoria next. There's an old, yellow Victorian house for sale. But then again, I "want to buy everything" according to a friend. Well, I just want to invest in these old buildings and put life and joy into them... which of course is served best with garage sale and thrift store finds.

Life and joy. That's all, really.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love your dreams of outrageous proportions. ALOT. And I think decorating with thrift store and garage sale finds (with an occasional antique store find thrown in...did I mention I found a rocking chair at the Wheeler Station today?) is the only way to go!

w.v.: bombell