Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Korea!!

So as of last Friday afternoon, I am officially accepted to the Adventure Teaching program - meaning they would start to look for available positions in Korea for me to teach at. I decided that I was going to get as much done yesterday as I could on all the paperwork for the E-2 Visa and so ran around doing errands at Biola via Heidi's ID card. I now have a lime green folder full of those separate pieces, such as health statements and consulate checklists, and yesterday afternoon I felt rather productive.

Well, so last night Kels and I were heading to Jeff's birthday celebration and I get a call from an Unavailable number. 
"Hello?"
"Hi, this is Reuben from Adventure Teaching, is this Mindy?"
So I have an interview tomorrow night with Avalon schools. What?!?! It's actually happening. I'm going to Korea, and I'm going to be a teacher, and I'll be living overseas for a whole year. I'm so excited. 

Apparently this school organization is the same that Katie interviewed with and accepted, and two minutes after I got off the phone with Reuben he called Kelsey. Don't forget, we're in the same car. She has an interview with Avalon after my interview on Thursday night. So I guess the organization is looking to hire all four of us! This would be awesome because all of the schools are relatively close together, and they are a well-established program that is really considerate towards its foreign teachers. Paid flight, housing, 50% health, bonus... I'm really excited for my interview, and I can't wait to get further along with the visa process, i.e. getting a criminal record check and interviewing with the Korean consulate. Yeah!

1 comment:

Emily said...

So how did your interview go? Do you have any idea when you would go? (As in how soon?) Love you! Oh and thanks for the Mother's Day card, it was hilarious.