Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Kin: Rise and Fall

[This is the day we come to say
All of the pain has come and gone away

This is the ONE WING DOVE
Today we come TOGETHER]
- The Kin

Last night Heidi, Joel and I went to the Roxy Theater in Hollywood to see The Kin, a great band - two brothers from Australia whose harmony, lyrics and sound are incredible.

Isaac is on the left and Thorry on the right in this picture. After their set we got to talk to them for a little bit about their music. Really nice guys.

It was so much fun to just stand right in the front, sing along, dance, and not even care about anything; just listen and enjoy. It was an experience of beauty, really. The theme of hope runs throughout several songs, and my favorite is New Day (though it is hard to pick between that and Together, and really all the other ones as well) in which there is an amazing harmony on the repeated line "War is over..."

At one point they came down off the stage and asked everyone to make a tight circle around them, which we all did, then they sang "Abraham", a song about the war between the sons of Abraham. Well, when Heidi was singing along, Isaac, as he was standing in front of us, turned around and encouraged her to sing louder... nice. So she did. You can actually see it in the video posted below.



To check them out got to www.thekin.com or their myspace at www.myspace.com/thekin

Hope you enjoy their music as much as I do!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I did enjoy their music, I listened to the song you have here and the ones you have on your myspace. I'm not sure if I enjoyed them as much as you, you didn't give me a degree to which you enjoyed them so I could know whether or not my enjoyment compared, but yes, they are very very good.
Love you and I'm glad you had a wonderful time.