Monday, November 3, 2008

Lesson 1 - Place One Foot in Front of the Other

Realizing that I'm less than two months away from walking backwards over a cliff - the cliff being graduation, and the walking backwards correlating with the fact that I don't have a job, a place to live, or any clue in either direction - I should be getting nervous and sweaty and all those other lovely things that accompany sheer terrifying situations. Class, were you paying attention? Should. The inference being - I'm not. Very good. Gold stars.

Naturally, one might assume some super-human strength or courage that permeates my very core in which would inspire tales of my wonderful childhood with feats of overwhelming risks and conquests, maybe even an interview with my parents or sisters of some sort. Naturally, if this were the case, I would decline any such offers of monetary award for the secret of my undaunted bravery, but would willingly play the lead character in the movie adaptation, after such would be other endorsements and action-hero squeaky dolls as to create stir enough to force me into early retirement and seclusion from all human contact. I would then wither away from all known society leading to a dissipating life of loneliness and disillusion with the world. Naturally, fortunately, this is not the case.

The truth is I have an amazing God who is in charge and has a complete and perfect plan and purpose for my life. Other than that I know nothing about my future.

Besides, of course, the fact that I will never condone action-hero squeaky Mindy dolls.

If you have any complete and serious suggestions, or not-so-serious would be fine as well, about life options, please Class, do speak up.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I still think you should head up here, but I know you're not quite ready to leave CA. I'm praying for you, always.

Unknown said...

serious suggestion. there is an open spot at Apt. 1505 though its messy and i'm sure to be jealous, i think it would be wonderful.
also. i love the analogy of walking backwards. aw the mystery of it all. God trusting skills though Minds-- Dr. Curtis and Isaiah would be proud.
other serious one. you could become a substitute teacher, take a test and then you could do that. hmm thats the only job idea i've got, but because yo u'll have an english degree, it would be awesome too. and i guess they get paid pretty good, so that doesn't hurt either.
either way i'm praying for you. God won't let a girl with amazing talent and amazing people skills not have a great job in which He can use you. He needs you!