Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Taste of This Life


My heart. Rooted so deeply in this life.

Howard Shore plays on repeat as I recall this day.

A hike through the woods.
Going slow, of course. I was still concussed.
Happened upon this open space.
Kind of what Korea was. An open space.
We all became ourselves.
Whit kicked a ball around, took a nap on the bench, then talked to Tay.
Tay played with Cha's hair then listened to Whit.
Kel soaked in everyone's presence, then went for a walk.
Cha planted herself firmly on the ground. And read.
Katie and I took over the bench. Took naps, then talked about God.
We all breathed deeply.
It was a good day.
Korea has been a great day.

1 comment:

Isaac and Taniel said...

I love this post and am inspired to try and see the world in such a deep and meaningful way as you do. I miss you.