Friday, November 13, 2009

Some Thinking

"As the days keep turning into nights, and even breathing feels alright..."

Philippians 4:12 - I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
We started a Bible study Thursday morns at beloved Kim's house, and we're going through Philippians.
I love Philippians. I love that in my Bible there is a note that says content can also mean self-sufficient. Of course, not a self that is independent of God. It's one that is fully dependent on Him; complete in that dependence and content in it. Needs nothing else. Self-sufficient.
It's really not that hard to know this contentment in Korea though. I would say God has given me more than plenty. I'm full. A deep fullness that almost hurts at how close and real it is.
1 Corinthians 13:12 - Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
I feel known here. So close and so real.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh Mins that blesses my socks off. I love you!