Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bruce

(titled after the dog I almost got but then couldn't, experience which inspired this poem/song)


Believe me, you'd have wanted him too :)

















I'll pose this thought to you
reply perhaps you'll do
why is growing up 
all broken up
and I'm right there with it too?

Walking down the street you'd see
I talk and dress all old
but growing up
is all broken up
and there's more to it I'm told.

My nails aren't done just painted on
and I can't stand the news
I guess this grown-up thing is more
than just some high-heeled shoes.

I eat salad and run alone
my decisions are my own
yet growing up 
is so broken up
And I'm always calling home.

They've all seemed to have made
it through this crazy game
of growing up
though broken up
Wish I could find the way.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so alone, it's not easy growing up...I'm still doing it too, I think it just happens your whole life you just hit different stages... : )
Love you and I'm praying for you...

Emily said...

oh and I like the poem/lyrics